Terms & Conditions
1. LIVING AS SACRED is a movement among women with the purpose of bringing an integrated consciousness in life, not only in MOVEMENT, but also with nature and all beings that inhabit it.
2. The HOTMART platform is provided by HOTMART BV, hereinafter designated as one of the SUPPLIERS.
2. ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AND THE MOVEMENT CONTRACTING
1. The internet user who accesses the website www.livingasacred.com will promote the registration in the same database of the aforementioned digital platform. The act of purchase is carried out in parallel, through bank transfer or MBWay, with the data shared by the MOVEMENT to the CLIENT, and in doing so the CLIENT consents with knowledge and will to enter into a legally binding contract with the MOVEMENT, becoming the MOVEMENT'S CLIENT. As such the CLIENT further agrees to receive the MOVEMENT's digital products or services, provided through the aforementioned platform, HOTMART.
2. The fact that there is no written signature or physical manuscript signed by the CLIENT and/or by the MOVEMENT and/or SUPPLIER does not in any way invalidate the existence or impair the validity of this contract.
3. OUR SERVICES
1. Upon execution/acceptance of the contract, electronically, verbally or otherwise, the CLIENT accepts to receive and the MOVEMENT agrees to provide educational courses, sale of digital products and services as described on the website www.livingasacred.com and in accordance with the following course or courses purchased by the CLIENT, namely:
a) Living as Sacred Journey;
hereinafter collectively referred to as “courses”, unless otherwise specified.
2. Within the MOVEMENT's technological limitations, the CLIENT will have access to Living as Sacred courses until December 31st 2022.
3. The services provided by the MOVEMENT under this agreement are expressly and exclusively limited to the courses contained in this agreement and/or provided on the MOVEMENT's website.
4. According to the pedagogical method determined by the MOVEMENT, the course may include the provision of:
a) Video and/or PDF content;
b) Podcast Content
c) Free Telegram group;
d) Access to the zoom live sessions link
e) Other bonus material as determined by the MOVEMENT.
5. THE MOVEMENT reserves the right to substitute services equal to or comparable to the courses for the CLIENT if reasonably required by prevailing circumstances.
6. If the MOVEMENT is removing the content or closing the platform, it must inform the CUSTOMER, sixty (60) days in advance, via the email address provided by the CUSTOMER when registering on the SUPPLIER's platform.
4. CUSTOMER DUTIES AND RIGHTS
1. The CUSTOMER must:
a) respect the MOVEMENT and any representative/former thereof;
b) be open and receptive to receive courses offered by the MOVEMENT;
c) attend the training, actively participating in the sessions and activities of pedagogical assessment proposed by the MOVEMENT;
d) Contribute to creating a healthy training and learning environment, always treating colleagues, trainers and other agents with civility and respect. If not respected under penalty of, in breach of this duty, may be expelled from the training action without the right to reimbursement of overdue amounts and amounts due.
e) Carefully use and ensure the conservation of the supplied goods;
f) Be included in the classes/group of students formed by the MOVEMENT;
g) Timely and punctually pay the stipulated amount for the course attendment.
h) Preserve the copyright of any and all content, method and teaching transmitted. No resale of any content, course, or method is allowed, even with reference to the author.
2. The CLIENT is responsible for its own success and implementation of the objectives achieved.
3. If the CLIENT fails to comply with any of the duties identified above, as well as others resulting from this contract, the MOVEMENT reserves the right to suspend the CLIENT from the training session, to suspend the provision of the course, remove and expel the CLIENT from the course given, without the right to reimbursement of overdue and overdue amounts due as payment for attending training(s)
4. The MOVEMENT has the right, at any time during the training course, to unilaterally terminate this contract, if the CLIENT is unsuitable for the training provided.
5. In case of voluntary abandonment of any course to be completed by the CLIENT, with or without reason, there will be no refund of the amount paid, except within the guarantee period.
6. When, for reasons beyond its control and not attributable to itself, the MOVEMENT cannot fully comply with the planned course plan, it may make the necessary adjustments, and must always communicate and justify this fact to the CLIENT.
7. Changing the plan provided for the reasons mentioned in the previous paragraph does not entitle the CLIENT to any compensation.
8. The CLIENT's rights are:
a) Benefit from training in accordance with the programs, methodologies and processes defined by the MOVEMENT and its trainers;
b) Access the platform, bonuses, groups, channels and materials compatible with the type of training;
c) Receive the guidance and information necessary for their successful participation in the training;
5. PRICE PAYMENT POLICIES
1. After the purchase, the CLIENT agrees to pay the MOVEMENT punctually and in full, in case of payment via MBway and other solutions agreed in advance, the total price of the course, as shown on the website, and depending on the payment option selected by the CLIENT for the specific option of the chosen digital product.
2. If the CUSTOMER selects a payment plan option, the CUSTOMER agrees to pay fees to the MOVEMENT in accordance with the payment schedule established by MOVEMENT, or otherwise provided to the CUSTOMER, and the payment plan selected by CUSTOMER ( “the rate").
3. The CLIENT acknowledges that the MOVEMENT will charge the credit or debit card indicated by the same CLIENT.
4. In case the CLIENT, under the terms of the previous number, chooses to split the payment in installments, he must pay in full and in a timely manner the respective installments to which he is bound. In failing to do so, under penalty laws, the MOVEMENT has the right of suspending the CLIENT from the training session, suspending the provision of the course and, if the CLIENT does not regularize the situation of non-compliance within eight days, remove and expel the CLIENT from the course taught as well as from the SUPPLIER platform and any other access to social network groups, websites and applications related to the courses taught, without right reimbursement of amounts already payed.
5. In addition, in case the defaulting CUSTOMER, who has failed to pay punctually and on time any payment and, who has not timely regularized the situation and who has already received content and attended any part of the course offered by the MOVEMENT, in favor of all installments due and of legal and commercial interest the MOVEMENT may inflict a financial penalty of €1,500.00 (One Thousand and Five Hundred Euros) until the effective and full payment is completed
7. To ensure CUSTOMER’S satisfaction, all Course registrations include a money-back guarantee, which can be requested up to 15 days after purchase via the email address “email@example.com”, except when the payment is made directly to the MOVEMENT outside the enrollment period. In these extraordinary cases, the money-back guarantee does not apply, as this guarantee is only provided by the Hotmart SUPPLIER.
8. The refund policy is subject to the following terms:
a) If the CLIENT registers at Escola da Liberdade Digital through the HOTMART platform, it obliges the MOVEMENT to guarantee a minimum 15-day money-back guarantee. If the CLIENT registers for the Living as Sacred journey outside the HOTMART platform, directly with the MOVEMENT, making payment by bank transfer or MBway, the guarantee period remains for 15 days, unless the registration is made exceptionally at the request of the CLIENT outside the enrollment period as this requires extraordinary work on the part of the MOVEMENT.
c) If the CLIENT has joined any group, on the Facebook social networks or on the Telegram application, only for students of the MOVEMENT, he agrees to be removed from the groups before a refund is processed;
6. DISCLOSURE & SHARING OF CONTENT
1. The CUSTOMER agrees that the MOVEMENT may use any written statements, images, audio recordings or video recordings of the CUSTOMER obtained during registration for the course. This includes any content the CUSTOMER may post on social media accounts, public videos, online groups and forums, as well as any statements, images or recordings, captured about the CUSTOMER's participation in the course.
2. CUSTOMER waives any right to payment, royalties or any other consideration for MOVEMENT's use of such written statements, images, audio recordings and video recordings and CUSTOMER waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product used by MOVEMENT . The MOVEMENT is hereby exempt from liability and forever harmless from all claims, demands and causes of action that the CLIENT, its representatives, executors, administrators or any other person acting on behalf of the CLIENT or on behalf of the properties of the CLIENT have or may have by reason of this authorization.
7. LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS
1. By participating in any course, mentoring, challenge or event, the CUSTOMER acknowledges that neither the founders of the MOVEMENT nor other representatives are psychologists, therapists, lawyers or financial advisors, and the education provided in the course or other products does not replace the care of other professionals. The content of this course should not be interpreted or substituted by any type of therapy or professional advice in this regard.
2. The CLIENT understands that the MOVEMENT does not offer any guarantee regarding the results of the courses and products. Courses and products may include resources, for example, skills training, as well as tool recommendations. The content included in the courses and other products is based on the experience of the founders of MOVEMENT, they are original methodologies, based on the knowledge of their professional experience.
3. The MOVEMENT may provide the CUSTOMER with information related to products and/or services of third parties that the MOVEMENT believes may benefit the CUSTOMER, but such information is only a recommendation.
4. THE MOVEMENT is not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences that may result, directly or indirectly, from any recommendations produced.
5. The CUSTOMER agrees that these are recommendations only and the MOVEMENT will not be held responsible for the products and/or services provided by third parties to the CUSTOMER. If the MOVEMENT is affiliated with any product and/or service and receives a commission, this information will be disclosed at the time of purchase.
6. Any testimonials, earnings or examples shown through the MOVEMENT’S website are only examples of what may be possible for the CUSTOMER. There can be no guarantee as to any specific results based on the use of the MEMBERSHIP course. The customer acknowledges that the MOVEMENT has not and does not make any representations as to a future result of any kind that may be derived as a result of using the MOVEMENT’S course.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. With respect to content created specifically for the CUSTOMER as part of the courses and other products, the MOVEMENT retains all copyright, other intellectual property rights and any other data or materials used or subsisting in the content, whether completed or not. The customer is granted a license for solely personal use of any content provided by the SOCIETY, unless otherwise specified in the course.
The CUSTOMER shall not share any login or other information about the course with any third parties. The CLIENT undertakes to respect the following points regarding copyright:
To not plagiarize the information, lessons and materials of this course
To not resell, teach and/or claim to be the author of the methods and contents of the courses, even making reference is not allowed
To not disclose, send or replicate course support materials
To not disclose course information to external people
To not take screenshots and screen recordings to spread the course information abroad
Nothing in this agreement will transfer ownership or rights in any intellectual property of the MOVEMENT to the CUSTOMER, nor will it grant any rights or licenses other than those stated in this Agreement.
2. The MOVEMENT reserves the right to immediately remove the CLIENT from the course or other products, without refund, and to proceed with the competent legal remedies in case the CLIENT is found to violate this intellectual property policy and refuses to withdraw all plagiarized information from the channels where it was released, as well as issuing a statement about what happened.
11. OUR COMPANIES DUTIES
1. The Parties agree and accept that the only place for the resolution of a dispute will be at the place set out below.
2. The Parties agree that they will not engage in any conduct or communication with third parties, public or private, with the aim of belittling the other.
3. The CUSTOMER shall not make any false, derogatory or derogatory statement in public or private in relation to the MOVEMENT or its employees or agents.
4. THE MOVEMENT shall not make any false, derogatory or derogatory statements in public or private in relation to the CLIENT and its relationship with MOVEMENT
12. GOOD FAITH
Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith and agrees to continue to do so, in the negotiation, performance, delivery, performance and any termination of this agreement.
The information, education and content provided to the CUSTOMER by the MOVEMENT under this Agreement are provided "as is", without any express, implied or statutory warranties or representations; including, without limitation, warranties of quality, performance, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor is there any warranty created by a course of business, course of performance or commercial use.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. By using the services and purchasing the MOVEMENT's products and purchasing a course, the CUSTOMER accepts any and all risks, foreseeable or not, arising from such transactions.
2. The customer agrees that the MOVEMENT will not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from or arising out of, including, but not limited to; direct, indirect, incidental, special, negligent, consequential or exemplary damages arising from the use or misuse of the course.
3. The customer agrees that the use of this course is at the user's own risk.
15. TOTAL AGREEMENT
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties, whether written or oral.
16. VALIDITY, APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
1. If any term, provision, covenant or condition of this Agreement is held by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect and will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated.
2. It is agreed, by agreement, that Portuguese law is applicable to this contract and, if necessary, the jurisdiction of the district where the registered office of the MOVEMENT is located, to the exclusion of any other jurisdiction as competent to settle any disputes arising of this contract.
Any additional questions can and should be clarified via email: firstname.lastname@example.org